Asian Heritage Day
Saturday, June 21, 2014
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Explore the dynamic cultures and rich biodiversity of Asia and the Pacific with special entertainment, activities and more for the entire family. Celebrate the continent’s amazing wildlife, including giant pandas, Komodo dragons, Sumatran tigers, Bornean and Sumatran orangutans and Malayan sun bears
Check out just a few highlights of the day!
- Lion dances and Kung Fu demonstrations by the Chein Hong School of Kung Fu
Classical, folk and Bollywood style performances by intercultural dance group, Moksha
Traditional Indonesian dances by Sanggar Lestari Indonesia
Korean folk song performance by rising 9th grader, Hyunjin Angelina Kim
- Chinese brush painting demonstrations by Chinese Art Atlanta instructor Christine Kuo
- Bonsai exhibits from the Atlanta Bonsai Society
- Traditional music, dance and martial arts performances by local area cultural groups
- An exclusive kid-friendly passport activity about our Asian animal residents
Check back soon for more event details!
Asian Heritage Day is FREE for Zoo Members and children under 3; FREE with general admission. Check your Zoo map for more info on activities and locations.
Asian Heritage Day is a rain-or-shine event!