Boo at the Zoo
Saturdays and Sundays, October 19, 20, 26, and 27
It’s that time of year when Atlanta’s favorite fun family Halloween festival returns! Sample the treats, sights, characters and adventures of the whimsical Zoo Boo Town on four magical days with more than 1,500 animals from around the world. Don’t forget your costume!
Guests can enjoy spooktacular activities:
- Enter the costume contest which starts at 11 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Get crafty with special Halloween games and crafts
- Boogie down to Little Beat, a live party DJ
- Meet the Atlanta Hawk’s street team and Harry The Hawk
- Take pictures with characters such as Splat the Cat, Clifford, Zhu Zhu the giant panda and more!
Activities will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Cell phone recycling
Support gorilla conservation by recycling your old cell phones during Boo at the Zoo, and the gorillas will thank you with an extra treat! Drop phones off at the designated treat booth near the Willie B. Gorilla Conservation Center. Learn more about how our cell phone recycling program helps gorillas.
Boo at the Zoo is FREE for Zoo Members and children under 3; FREE with general admission
Treats are while supplies last!
Download an Orangutan-friendly Halloween candy shopping guide! (PDF)
This guide lists candy brands made by companies that participate in the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, an international organization that works to develop sustainable ways to produce this ingredient, which is found in candy, cookies, cosmetics and many other products.