Endangered Species Day
Saturday, May 21, 2016
On Saturday, May 21, meet some of our amazing animals, enjoy special keeper talks and educational activities, and learn about ways you can help support wildlife conservation from your own backyard to the corners of the world.
- Cowabunga! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Leonardo and Raphael, are taking a break from fighting crime just to hang out with you! Meet them on the Grand Patio.
- Interactive crafts and activities for kids; enrichment treats for the animals.
- Meet and greet with Zhu Zhu the Panda, Cricket the Tree frog and their animal pals.
- Learn about some of the exciting conservation projects supported by Zoo Atlanta staff and partners.
- Make your own cape and visit our Species Saver stations around the park to find out how you can help protect animals around the world!
Remember to bring in your old cell phones for recycling at our Eco-Cell drop-off and help fund gorilla research!
Dance and sing along with actress, director and author Jenni Kopelman, as she shares a creative and heartwarming story with a valuable message. Join Jambo, an endangered hoopoe bird, and a few of his best friends on a globetrotting mission to save the planet. Performances will be held in the Coca-Cola World Studio in the Conservation Action Resource Center (ARC). Check your map for details.
Activities will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free for Zoo Atlanta Members and children under 3; FREE with general admission. Endangered Species Day is a rain-or-shine event!