Gorilla Egg Hunts and MORE!
Saturday, April 19, 2014
The Zoo’s in bloom, and the secret Easter bunnies of the Zoo Atlanta Enrichment Team are hard at work on seasonal surprises for some of your favorite Zoo residents. Don’t miss the ever-popular annual Gorilla Egg Hunts – a highlight for gentle giants and observers alike!
This year is looking like our biggest Easter enrichment extravaganza ever! Check out our full listing of times when animals around the Zoo will be enjoying themed surprises:
- 9:30 a.m. - Red panda, zebras, lesser kudus, eastern bongos
- 9:45 a.m. - African lions, lemurs
- 10 a.m. - Drills, Schmidt’s guenons, Wolf’s guenons, Angolan colobus monkeys
- 10:30 a.m. - Giraffes, Living Treehouse birds, tortoises, fossa, binturong
- 11 a.m. - Ground hornbills, Argus pheasants, blue cranes, Cereopsis goose, Major Mitchell’s cockatoos
- 11:15 a.m. - King vultures, tanuki
- Noon - African elephants
- 12:30 p.m. - Kunekune pig
- 1:30 p.m. - Warthogs, tamarins
- 2 p.m. - Kangaroos
- 2:15 p.m. - Sun bears
- 2:30 p.m. - Sumatran tigers
- 3:15 p.m. - Meerkats
Great Ape Egg Hunts
- Gorillas: 2 p.m. in Gorilla Habitat 3; 2:30 p.m. in Gorilla Habitat 1
- Orangutans: 10 a.m. in Orangutan Habitat 1; 2:30 p.m. in Orangutan Habitat 2
Don’t miss … Some of your favorite Zoo babies get in on the action!
- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. - Giant panda
- 2 p.m. -Jabari the rhino calf and mom Andazi
Fun all day …
Petting Zoo animals will enjoy themed enrichment throughout the day, and the many residents of the World of Reptiles will enjoy hard-boiled eggs all day long.
Check your Zoo maps for locations. Activities are weather-permitting. FREE for Zoo Atlanta Members and children under 3; FREE with general admission.