Mother's Day at Zoo Atlanta
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Treat Mom to Mother’s Day at the Zoo!
Moms enjoy FREE admission with the purchase of any full-price child’s or adult’s general admission ticket. Discount valid only on Sunday, May 11, 2014; may not be combined with any other offer or promotion.
Stop by to see your favorite Zoo moms enjoying Mother’s Day surprises!
- Naked mole rat queen: 9:30 a.m.
- Kiki the African lioness: 9:45 a.m.
- African monkeys: 10 a.m.
- Palawan peacock pheasant, pied pigeon, Victoria crowned pigeon and white-crested laughing thrush: 10:15 a.m.
- Fina the gopher tortoise: 10:30 a.m. in the outdoor exhibit near Wieland Wildlife Home
- Ketchua the chinchilla: 10:30 a.m. in the window exhibit at Wieland Wildlife Home
- Lun Lun the giant panda: 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Milky eagle owl: 11 a.m.
- Orangutans: 11 a.m.
- Gorillas: 2 p.m. in Gorilla Habitat Three
- Andazi the eastern black rhino: 2 p.m.
- Chelsea the Sumatran tiger: 2 p.m.
Shirley the warthog, Matilda the eastern bongo and NavaLee the Asian small-clawed otter are off exhibit today and are getting their Mother’s Day treats behind-the-scenes.
Happy Birthday, Madu!
Madu, foster mother of three and one of our all-time greatest supermoms, turns 31 on May 13. Celebrate her on Mother’s Day, and watch her enjoying birthday surprises with her family.
11 a.m. Madu’s birthday party in Orangutan Habitat 1
2:30 p.m. Orangutan Keeper Talk
11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Stop by our activity table in front of Orangutan Habitat 2 to make a pledge to help orangutans in the wild; try one of the orangutans’ enrichment devices; compare your arm span to an orangutans’; and much more!
M.O.M. (Missing Orangutan Mothers)
Zoo Atlanta joins a Mother’s Day campaign to celebrate one of the animal kingdom’s closest and most enduring bonds: the relationship between orangutan mothers and their offspring. Members of the Zoo Atlanta Primate Department will be on hand to share more about the challenges facing orangutans in the wild and the importance of the long-term bonds between these amazing apes and their infants.
This is a rain-or-shine event; in the event of rain, activities will be moved to the indoor Komodo dragon viewing area.
Still need a Mother's Day gift?
We’ll take care of the feeding and cleaning. All she has to do is love. Surprise Mom with a special adoptee! Available now for giant panda, African lion sponsorships and more!
Want to give Mom a once-in-a-lifetime surprise? Book a Wild Encounter for Mother’s Day!