Play the Animal Way
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Entertain your inner wild thing in the wacky world of animal enrichment! Watch your favorite Zoo animals investigate the most colorful treats of the year, sniff out their favorite scents and solve challenging puzzles, and try a few activities yourself at stations throughout the Zoo.
An annual fall favorite, Play the Animal Way is a Zoo-wide showcase of the creative talents behind the novel objects, smells, sounds and activities that keep animals active, interested and engaged year-round. Species throughout the Zoo will receive exciting treats and surprises while human guests enjoy special keeper talks and training demos, crafts, kids’ games and live music.
We’ve got quite a lineup planned for the animals. Check it out!
- Giraffes, rhinos and eastern bongos – 9:30 a.m.
- Naked mole rats – 9:30 a.m.
- Red panda – 9:45 a.m.
- Wieland Wildlife Home program animals – 10:15 a.m. (outdoor exhibits and boardwalk windows)
- Drills, guenons and Angolan colobus monkeys – 10:30 a.m.
- Kangaroos – 11 a.m.
- Sun bears – 11 a.m.
- Lions – 11:30 a.m.
- Meerkats – 11:30 a.m.
- Warthogs – 12 p.m.
- Birds – all habitats; before 12 p.m.
- World of Wild Theater birds – 1:15 p.m.
- Giant otters – 1:30 p.m.
- Giant pandas – 1:45 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Bush dogs – 2 p.m.
- Orangutans – 2 p.m. (Habitat One)
- Rhinos – 2 p.m.
- Sun bears – 2 p.m.
- Gorillas – 2:15 p.m. (Habitat One)
- Elephants – 2:30 p.m.
- Fossa – 2:30 p.m.
- Orangutans – 2:30 p.m. (Habitat Two)
- Gorillas – 2:45 p.m. (Habitat Three)
- Kunekune pig – 3:30 p.m.
- Raccoon dogs – 4 p.m.
- Asian small-clawed otters – 4:30 p.m.
- Reptiles and amphibians – throughout the day
Activities will run from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Free for Zoo Atlanta Members and children under 3; free with general admission. Check your Zoo map on arrival for details on times and locations.
Attention all Boy and Cub Scouts!
Join us on Play the Animal Way Day when Zoo Atlanta welcomes you with an admission discount, special activities and animal encounters!
More details >