Cases for Conservation
Cases for Conservation were made possible by a grant award from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Cases for Conservation are boxes filled with curriculum, biofacts and other unique Zoo-related materials that can be checked out from the Zoo for a two-week period and utilized in your classroom setting, similarly to how one would check out a book from a library.
Each Case is correlated with the Georgia Performance and Core Curriculum Standards. The elementary-level Cases were also designed specifically with the Library System in mind as well, with relevant children’s literature and corresponding activities included. Through this free outreach program, Zoo Atlanta hopes to provide educational resources to school districts, public libraries and other instructive bodies throughout the state of Georgia to provide educational experiences for children about wildlife and wild places.
|1st Grade||Basic Needs|
|2nd Grade||Life Cycles of GA Animals|
|3rd Grade||GA Habitats & the Pollution Solution|
|4th Grade||Animals and the Environment|
|6th Grade||Water, Climate, & Ecosystems|
|7th Grade||Exploring Biomes|
- Cases are available on a first-requested, first-served basis.
- Cases may be checked out in two-week increments. Up to two Cases may be checked out at one time.
- A refundable $50 deposit for each case is required at time of reservation. Deposits must be made via credit card.
- Reservations for Cases must be made in advance. Check-out and check-in appointments can be made for Wednesday and Saturday afternoon dates only. Appointments must be made with a Zoo staff member for a Cases check-out by calling our Education Reservations Department at 404.624.5822.
- The check-out and check-in process takes approximately one half hour.
- We encourage you to share your Case contents with others in your institution so your Case can impact as many people as possible. However, please keep in mind that the person checking the Case out from the Zoo is responsible for the Case and all its contents. If all items are checked back into the Zoo in the same condition they were rented, then the $50 deposit will be refunded. The person who signs the inventory sheet at the time of check-out is responsible for all items in the Case.