Support Zoo Atlanta's efforts to conserve wild animals in their native habitats with a donation to the The Mabel Dorn Reeder Conservation Endowment Fund.
- Wild Encounters must be reserved in advance.
- Due to animal safety regulations, guests who have been outside of the United States or Canada within 10 days prior to the program will not be allowed to participate.
- Programs involving the Zoo’s animal collection are subject to change or cancellation based on animal needs.
- Children 2 years old and under are FREE and may attend, but are not permitted to feed the animals.
- Children 4 years old and under must be carried or held by the hand of an adult in their group.
- Children 3 to 8 years old must be assisted by parent/guardian while feeding.
- Children 13 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a Wild Encounter ticket. A ticket is required for each participant 3 years old and older.
Holiday availability, in addition to regular schedule:
(African Elephant and Aldabra Tortoise ONLY)
- Tuesday, Dec. 24 – Thursday, Jan. 2
- No programming occurs on Dec. 25
- Regular off-season availability returns on Friday, Jan. 3
Check out our exciting Panda Wild Encounter opportunities. There are several options from which to choose – from a visit with Lun Lun and one or both of the twins, to meeting an adult panda in up-close-and-personal encounters, there is something for everyone!
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
No creature looms larger over the savanna than the African elephant, and you’ll agree when one of ours comes over to meet you during an unforgettable encounter! Meet Kelly or Tara, and hand-feed one of the “girls” an afternoon snack. You even get to touch!
Cost: $75/participant + Zoo admission
Zoo Members receive 10% off registration and do not have to pay an admission.
Time: 1:45 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.
Capacity: 10 participants
Availability: Friday - Monday
Meet at elephant bridge (near parakeets)
Private Wild Encounters:
Groups of two or more may schedule private Wild Encounters with other animals by calling 404.624.WILD or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Scheduling is subject to availability and staffing.
Private Wild Encounters are available for any special occasion: wedding proposals, prom and more! Please call 404.624.5822 for more information.
Wild Encounter Gift Certificate
Give the adventure of lifelong learning. Here’s an idea we can promise won’t be re-gifted: give a certificate for one of Zoo Atlanta’s education programs! You may also purchase gift certificates in $25 increments up to $100. Program restrictions apply.