Self-Guided Field Trips
Explore the Zoo on your own at a discounted group rate! Add to the educational experience by using our standards-based curriculum guides and grade-specific activities at the Zoo and before and after your visit.
Dates: daily year-round; Monday-Wednesday are less crowded
Time/duration: Zoo hours; allow 2-3 hours to see most exhibits
Reservations: must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date of the visit*
Fee: $9.95 per participant
- Minimum group size is 10 total participants.
- One adult (teacher, parent, chaperone) per every 10 paid students is required and admitted for FREE.
- To reserve tax-free, submit a State of Georgia tax exemption form at the time of your reservation.
- Additional adults pay the same rate as youth participants.
- Lump sum payment is collected at any admission window upon arrival. Individual payments will not be accepted.
- Group must enter the admissions gate at the same time.
- Pre-order your lunch! For just $5.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink! Call 404-624-5650, email email@example.com or fill out the Group Lunch Order Form at least (1) week in advance to process your lunch order!
*Effective Jan. 1, 2016 - groups that arrive without a reservation will be charged $10.95 per person, no free adults.
Self-Guided Field Trip:
Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Trip Programs
Receive an interactive, instructor-led presentation paired with up-close animal encounters and fun educational activities that take your field trip to the next level! Content covers Georgia Performance Standards for your grade in a lively, engaging format. To find out if this program is right for you, please review the Program Packet prior to registering.
Dates: Monday-Friday; September-May
Time/duration: select a start time from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.; program lasts 45 minutes
Reservations/payment: must be made at least 5 weeks in advance
Fee: $12.95 per participant; price includes Zoo admission
- We can accommodate group sizes ranging from 10 to 350 participants.
- One chaperone per every 10 students is required and admitted for FREE.
- Additional chaperones pay the same rate as youth participants.
- Membership discounts do not apply towards Field Trip Programs.
- Pre-order your lunch! For just $5.99 per person + tax, your group can order your choice of pizza or sandwich, chips, cookie and a drink! Call 404-624-5650, email or fill out the at least (1) week in advance to process your lunch order!
All Star Babies
|PreK||Baby animals come in all different sizes, shapes and colors. Discover how some babies look just like their parents and others are so very different. Try to match the babies with their parents.|
Panda & Pals
Learn about our amazing giant panda family and animal friends! Where they come from, what they eat, how they keep warm and who is related to whom.
|Fur, Feathers and Scales||1st||Ever wondered “why snakes have no fur?” Dress like an animal, find out why animals look the way they do and what they need to survive.|
|Animal Life Cycles||2nd||
Glimpse into an animal's life from baby to adult. Find the differences between mammals, birds, frogs and butterfly as they grow and change.
|WILD Georgia||3rd||Discover the amazing animals, habitats and regions of Georgia! Students investigate how they can help protect wildlife in their own backyards.|
|Ecosystems Explorers||4th||Pack your bags and grab your passport! Students begin their trek in Georgia and travel around the world exploring ecosystems and the animals that inhabit them.|
Classification Quiz Show
Why and how do we group animals together? Students test their classification skills during this fun, interactive quiz show.
|Living Laboratory||Middle/High School||Provide middle and high school students with a greater understanding of STEM, by integrating classroom activities with hands-on field research at the Zoo.|
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! You will be asked to create a profile if you haven't done so already. After creating a profile, you will be presented with a list of topics that you can sign up to receive periodic information about. At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in.
To subscribe or unsubscribe .