Zoo Atlanta welcomes HomeSchoolers; check out the various programs we offer just for you.
Time/duration: Zoo hours; allow 2-3 hours to see most exhibits
Reservations: Advance reservation only required for groups of 10 or more (students and parents/chaperones)
Fee: $9 per participant, plus tax
- To reserve tax-free, submit a tax exemption form at the time of your reservation
- One chaperone per every 10 students is admitted for FREE (required for groups of 10 or more)
- Additional chaperones pay the same rate as student participants
- Payment is collected at any admission window upon arrival
- The Zoo will be open to the general public and other school groups on HomeSchool Days
- If you are a Zoo Atlanta Member, you do not need a reservation and may use your membership for FREE admission on HomeSchool Field Trip Days. Please note that only the individuals on your Membership will be admitted for free; non-members pay $9 admission fee
- For groups of 10 of more, Zoo Atlanta members are not counted toward group size
Home School Field Trips - the first Tuesday of every month:
- No minimum group size required
- Groups under 10 participants - register at any admission window upon arrival for HomeSchool Field Trip Days; groups over 10 MUST use the registration link below.
HomeSchool Field Trips Groups:
- Available any day
- Minimum group size of 10 required (students and adults/chaperones)
Join Zoo Atlanta for an afternoon of learning and discovery designed specifically for homeschool students! HomeSchool Academy is a unique program that allows students to explore animal and science concepts in a fun, interactive environment. Programs are grade-appropriate and include games, activities, Zoo tours and animal encounters. HomeSchool Academy runs monthly on specific days from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., September through May.
Learn more about HomeSchool Academy with these Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
- Semesters run from September to December and January to May
- Classes fill quickly! Register online early!
- Reservations and payment required in advance of programs
|Homeschool Academy cost per person; per class|
Dates & Topics for 2014-2015 school year: Check back soon for dates and topics!
|Grades||Description||Dates and Topics|
Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. Subscribe or unsubscribe.