With a living laboratory representing more than 200 species, Zoo Atlanta offers countless opportunities for teachers and students to explore, discover, observe and apply real-world context to the lessons learned in school.
If you have not received a poster, or would like additional copies, email with your name, mailing address, and number of copies requested.
Here’s your chance to win a ZooMobile visit for 60 students at your school. ZooMobile programs offer presentations by Zoo educators and feature live animal ambassadors! How to enter:
1. Complete your grade level’s Zoo Atlanta Conservation Project.
2. Post a video or photo of your finished project to Facebook, with #WildlifeMattersZA.
The winner will be announced on our page on October 2!
Deadline for entry is September 25, 2015. 4. Official contest rules can be found .
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! You will be asked to create a profile if you haven't done so already. After creating a profile, you will be presented with a list of topics that you can sign up to receive periodic information about. At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. To subscribe or unsubscribe .
Top 10 Tips to Justify Your Trip
- Enhance the curriculum - school and group programs meet academic standards across all disciplines
- Something for everyone - we have programming designed for elementary, middle and high school, as well as new offerings for the college level
- Use our resources! - reduce the “novelty effect” of a visit by using our
- Do your homework - include on how learning in community-based surroundings serves to improve student achievement, this can further support your case
- Tout the benefits - find out what is important to your principal to determine the program that best meets your needs and explain how it applies to the AYP
- Plan ahead - seek approval for next year’s field trips at the end of the school year to utilize remaining funds
- Invite administrators - a trip to the Zoo could be a fun day for them and you can reinforce the merits of the learning experience first-hand
- Don’t impact the budget - apply for , or hold class fundraisers to supplement field trip costs
- Come on the weekend - more busses are available and parents can help drive to reduce transportation costs
- Go beyond a Field Trip! - attend a , or to provide a more intimate hands-on experience
External Web Partners and Resources
Georgia Natural Gas® supports kids, communities and is a proud supporter of Zoo Atlanta too. Visit TrueBlueSchools.com to sign up and start earning money for your school today.