Zoo Atlanta welcomes HomeSchoolers; check out the various programs we offer just for you.
- HomeSchool Field Trip Days
- HomeSchool Academy
- Career Exploration Series
Join Zoo Atlanta for an all-new series highlighting careers in the sciences! Designed for middle and high school students, the Career Exploration Series gives participants an in-depth look into the careers of a diverse set of panelists.
Time/duration: Zoo hours; allow 2-3 hours to see most exhibits
Reservations: Advance reservation only required for groups of 10 or more (students and parents/chaperones)*
Fee: $9.95 per participant, plus tax
- To reserve tax-free, submit a tax exemption form at the time of your reservation
- One chaperone per every 10 students is admitted for FREE (required for groups of 10 or more)
- Additional chaperones pay the same rate as student participants
- Payment is collected at any admission window upon arrival
- The Zoo will be open to the general public and other school groups on HomeSchool Days
- If you are a Zoo Atlanta Member, you do not need a reservation and may use your membership for FREE admission on HomeSchool Field Trip Days. Please note that only the individuals on your Membership will be admitted for free; non-members pay $9.95 admission fee
- For groups of 10 of more, Zoo Atlanta members are not counted toward group size
Home School Field Trips - the first Tuesday of every month:
- No minimum group size required
- Groups under 10 participants - register at any admission window upon arrival for HomeSchool Field Trip Days; groups over 10 MUST use the registration link below
HomeSchool Field Trips Groups:
- Available any day
- Minimum group size of 10 required (students and adults/chaperones)
- Reservation must be made at least 48 hours prior to the date of the visit
- *Effective Jan. 1, 2016 - groups that arrive without a reservation will be charged $10.95 per person, no free adults
Join Zoo Atlanta for an afternoon of learning and discovery designed specifically for homeschool students! HomeSchool Academy is a unique program that allows students to explore animal and science concepts in a fun, interactive environment. Programs are grade-appropriate and include games, activities, Zoo tours and animal encounters. HomeSchool Academy runs monthly on specific days from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., September through May.
Learn more about HomeSchool Academy with these Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
- Advance registration and payment required. Walk-up registrations not accepted.
- Registration Policy: Entire Semester (PDF) Individual Classes (PDF)
- Classes fill quickly! Register online early!
- NEW! Career Exploration Series - Join Zoo Atlanta for an all-new series highlighting careers in the sciences! Designed for middle and high school students.
|Homeschool Academy cost per person; per class|
Dates & Topics for 2016-2017 school year
|Grades||Description||Dates and Topics|
Animals in Action
|3-5||Where in the World Is...
Get out your maps because it's time to be a globetrotter! We'll use clues to determine each month's mystery animal.
Dive into the diverse world of invertebrates. Each class will include a dissection.
Explore the different bones and organs that are characteristic of various vertebrates.
Call 404.624.5822 with questions or email email@example.com.
Sign up for Education email updates to stay current on upcoming programs and special offers! At anytime you can add yourself to new lists or remove yourself from lists you are no longer interested in. Subscribe or unsubscribe.