- Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. It is as simple as:
“I hereby give, devise and bequeath to Atlanta-Fulton County Zoo, Inc. (dba Zoo Atlanta), a Georgia nonprofit corporation, [written amount, percentage of estate or description of property] to be used for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us. You can also make Zoo Atlanta a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or part of an IRA mandatory disbursement plan.
- Tax relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift's full value.
- Lifetime benefits for supporting our future
In addition to the prestige that is associated with being a member, the Legacy Society offers many special benefits such as:
- An invitation to our annual Donor Appreciation event
- Recognition on monitor within Zoo Atlanta
- Invitations to special events, lectures, programs and private parties