- Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. It is as simple as:
“I hereby give, devise and bequeath to Atlanta-Fulton County Zoo, Inc. (dba Zoo Atlanta), a Georgia nonprofit corporation, [written amount, percentage of estate or description of property] to be used for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
- Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
- Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us. You can also make Zoo Atlanta a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or part of an IRA mandatory disbursement plan.
- Tax relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift's full value.
Lifetime benefits for supporting our future
In addition to the prestige that is associated with being a member, the Legacy Society offers many special benefits such as:
- An invitation to our annual Donor Appreciation event
- Recognition on monitor within Zoo Atlanta
- Invitations to special events, lectures, programs and private parties