Internships and Externships
Thank you for your interest in becoming an intern at Zoo Atlanta. Intern applicants are required to be enrolled in a degree-seeking program or recently graduated from a college program in a field relevant to the internship you are applying for. Weekly requirements are different for each internship and can be further determined within the interview process.
Once you have applied for the position you are interested in, including submission of the requested materials, you will be contacted to set up an individual interview IF you meet the qualifications and there is intern placement availability.
Zoo Atlanta interns agree to:
- Abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the internship handbook (a handbook will be provided on your first day)
- Have a background check and TB test (when applicable) completed prior to beginning your internship
- Attend designated training and continuing education classes for the service area you work for
- Report on time for scheduled events/service areas
- Notify your supervisor, in writing, of any change in internship status
Zoo Atlanta agrees to provide interns:
- Skills, training, and support materials needed for designated service area(s)
- Experience that will look great on your resume
- An environment with meaningful and fun work opportunities
- Opportunities to develop new skills, make new friends, and learn about endangered species and conservation issues
- Letters of reference for future job opportunities
- A chance to help the Zoo save endangered species and the environment.
- The Zoo...you get to visit every day!